Friday, May 29, 2009

MAM Whole Grain Pancake Mix

~~~~~~~~~~
MAM Whole Grain Pancake Mix

I really love the convenience of the prepackaged mixes, but hate the prices, sugar, and all the preservatives. This is just as easy to use as the store mixes and takes less time to mix up than a trip to the store for the fancy box! Using your own reusable storage containers also means you will save on the garbage bill as well! We use this mix enough that it's just as easy to make a double batch.

3 1/2 c. Whole Wheat Flour
3 1/4 c. White Flour
3/4 c. Sugar or Splenda
1 TBS. Baking Soda
1 TBS. Salt

Directions:
1.) In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together thoroughly with a wire whisk.
2.) Store in a 10 cup container with airtight seal or gallon Ziploc type bag. The rigid containers are easier to measure out of, but the gallon size bags are quick and easy if you have them.
3.) Label with Use By date (6 months from the date made) and contents. Store in a cool, dry place.

Makes enough for approximately 5 batches of pancakes.

Adapted from the Make-A-Mix Cookbook by Karine Eliason, Nevada Harward, and Madeline Westover
~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. I was checking out your other blog too and I have a couple of kids with medical issues. Being faced with any diagnosis isn't easy. {{HUGS}}

    ~Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the hug, it has been really challenging recently having it soak in that being an aspie isn't something I can grow out of, get over, or just ignore. I really do have more things I want to post on this blog, there just hasn't been enough time in the day at the moment but I have been taking lots of pictures! Maybe by the time winter comes I'll have more time to post, although I sure hope it won't be that long until I do!

    ReplyDelete

 

Whisks and Mittens